4.29.2008

Dog Fetish

This is Twinkle. This is my dog. She's half Askal (mongrel) and half Ridgeback.

Twinkle was dropped off one hot afternoon. She was given for "adoption" by a dear friend in 1999.

Her name has always been Twinkle. I followed suit rather than changing it for the sake of changing. Besides, the name fits - not the "hypothetical integer factorization device" as defined by Wiki. It simply means spark of happiness.

Yes, there were incidents of un-happiness like Twinkle's slipping and running away from the house when the gate was open or stealing a hot chicken leg at the food table or shreddingthe fabric of the sofa until the foam came out.

But they were overcome by Twinkle's adapting to how everything runs in the house. She lets me know when its time for peeing and pooing. She used to fetch me by sniffing my ear, whispering dog-style, licking my face and finally hooking my elbow with her teeth to wake me up for meals. She laid beside the sofa when its video night with her butt facing the television always raising her head when it was time to change discs. She kept schedule for patrolling the interior of the house for mice and rodents. It was always after she had finished doing the exterior for cats. She liked to welcome the mailman, bread or peanut vendor everyday. And there was always a ready smile and a wagging tail for each of the men.

She loved poking inside grocery bags. She was a regular barbeque eater, never the stick just the barbeque. She knew the music for the You Got Mail soundtrack. Twinkle danced on the fast songs and slept deeply on the slow ones. She liked to eat Pedigree biscuits but only if I cupped my palm and didn't place the treats on a plate. She loved ice cubes. She came to the kitchen whenever an ice tray was being popped for drinks. I gave her an ice cube everytime and Twinkle took her refreshment to the sofa.

I miss Twinkle. I pass by pet stores and feel sorry for the dogs in their cages. I watch dogs roam the street wondering if they have owners. It'll take time before I get another pet.

Why Twinkle isn't here? I have loads of posts on this dog alone. This post ain't all folks :)

No comments:

 
Creative Commons License
This work by http://galleria88.blogspot.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 Philippines License.